CAPTURING RICE PHOTO CONTEST
Announcement: Submissions are now closed. Finalists will be announced on September 23, 2013.
FIRST PRIZE: P30,000 + Rice Products
SECOND PRIZE: P10,000 + Rice Products
THIRD PRIZE: P5,000 + Rice Products
+ 7 CONSOLATION PRIZE OF P1,000 EACH FOR EVERY CATEGORY.
PhilRice will start accepting entries via online submission on Capturing Rice Page from April 1, 2013 until August 23, 2013 only.
1. Photo contest is open to all photographers (professional and amateur).
Must be a Filipino citizen, 18 years old and above.
The photo contest will have 3 categories:
1.1 Rice and culture – ex. rice festivals, rice-related activities, fiestas/festivals, etc.
1.2 Rice and environment – ex. rice landscapes, rice biodiversity, etc.
1.3 Rice production and conservation – ex. rice farming, proper consumption, rice alternatives, etc.
2. Criteria for judging:
Visual impact: 30%;
Technical (exposure & focus): 30%;
Artistic (creativity & composition): 40%
3. A participant can submit a maximum of 3 photos per category, which can win twice but only once per category.
4. Participants must register online. Each participant should fill out the Entry Form at the NYR2013 official website (www.nyr2013.com).
5. Entry submitted should have a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption”. The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
6. Photos must have been shot by the entrant from January 1, 2012 to August 23, 2013.
7. Cropped photos are eligible in all categories. Photos that have been digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered are not allowed. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable.
8. Deadline for submission of entries is on August 23, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
9. Photos should be in color and in digital format with no watermark. The photographer can use digital or film camera but must be sent in digitalformat.
10. Photos submitted online must have a maximum of 2mb with 300 dpi resolution.
11. Photos must not have won previously in any local or international photography contest.
12. All finalists and winning entries shall become the exclusive property of the Philippine Rice Research Institute and cannot be reproduced nor reprinted for publication without permission from PhilRice.
13. The photographer cannot use the photos or variants of the same composition in any other contest or sell for any purpose except for his personal portfolio.
14. Announcement of winners will be on September 9, 2013, and will be notified by text or email. Official text message and a print-out of the email, along with a valid ID must be presented to claim the prize.
15. Each finalist when notified must prepare to have their photos printed in A4 size (portrait or landscape), with 300 dpi/high resolution, and the original digital file format in JPEG in its maximum resolution copied in a compact disc.
16. THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL AND UNAPPEALABLE.